Saturday 29 August 2009

Sewing machine cover - only creator can love this one!

I have finally finished my sewing machine cover for the "August Sewing Machine Cover Challenge" from Jenny of Elefantz. It's not the most beautiful in the world. It is a bit rough and ready, , and it goes with the native environment, and it will keep the machine dust free and clean. I have also used material that I have had for about 15 years, and only found it the other day when I was looking for my Overlocker (in the shed) - I hadn't seen that for about 10 years. The appliqué came from a set of placemats that have never been used, and would have been thrown out if I hadn't started quilting. Anyway, the cover is now finished, and the Overlocker feels loved again - she is going for a service in November when the technician comes to town. I will be able to make her feel useful again after that.
Blessings to all

10 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Ellice, you clever gal!!!! I really love the process of bringing something old to life again...this is a fantastic way to recycle and to be creative!! Well done!

chook said...

good on you for raiding your stash and recycling
good luck in the draw
hugs Beth

Cora said...

Good luck to you too Ellice!! Isn't recycling great.

Maggey and Jim said...

Way to go and the machine is getting protected while looking nice.. I love the animals, they will keep away bad sewing vibes.. good luck in the challenge
Maggey

Unknown said...

Hi Magy, can't find your blog, so am replying here (so you probably won't get it. I do hope you return to check my page. The animals on the cover are the Tasmanian Tiger (extinct) and the Tasmanian Devil. I like both of these animals. On the back is a Kookaburra - gives good karma in times of sewing.

Blessings

Janice said...

Your cover has turned out really well. Hasn't the challenge been good to encourage us to get out our fabrics and make something both practical and decorative.

Joy McD said...

Well done Ellice! You've used what you had and your overlocker is now nicely protected :)All the best in the draw!
lv,
Joy

Vickie said...

wow best not let my overlocker see your's dressed ,otherwise mine will scream I have clothesd it in rags...well done cheers Vickie

liloca, liloquinha said...

Otima idéia para reciclar!!!
Parabéns!!!
liége

Bec said...

What a very cool machine cover! I Love it!